Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ramblings from the Rambler...


Here in my Cubist apartment facing the Vltava River I sit on my bed and gaze out on the river as tourist boats glide by with cameras flashing. The tour guide is explaining the history of the buildings in my neighborhood.

When we first moved here, I couldn't distinguish the flashing cameras from the spark of the tram wires. And now, though both are continuous, neither are noticeable. For me, the rumbling of a tram is the perfect background noise. It puts me right to sleep.

Well, after a perfectly sunny weekend spent hiking around the parks that surround Prague Castle and stopping (twice) at the brewery attached to the Monastery complex behind the castle...I feel it is time to gloat.

Sorry, but this is truly a dream being realized. I've wanted to do this (live in Europe) for so long and I'm having a great time! So, no real news. Just smiles from afar.....(is anybody reading this)?

1 comment:

Mark said...

Yes I have just read this. Sorry it's been so long. Mark