Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First Snow!!!


The forecast called for snow today as it had for months now. For some reason, we all felt it could happen this time. And lo and behold, it continues to fall as I write.

Immediately following school today, I walked home in a light flurry singing out loud as the snow gathered in my beard. I took the tram across town then walked the remaining mile down along the river.

The minute it started I danced a little jig on the inside, thoughtfully sparing the Czech people an exhibition of my undoubtedly sorry dance steps. I had a smile that, if my teeth were whiter, could have blinded people.

I had a late class today too from 5-6:30 teaching a Russian woman Business English and by the time I left the snow had begun to stick quite nicely and accumulate as well.

After dinner we took a walk along the river and then up towards the Metro to a little restaurant for a drink. Here are some pictures I took in the last hour.

This is the riverfront across from our flat:

Here's our local pub, which is also the Vltava River Museum:

I love these Škoda's...what can I say?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a beauty way to go! :)

Gote said...

Love me some Skoda's.....